Have you ever seen a thin person with cellulite? Well I’m here to tell you there are probably more thin people with it than you think. What’s the reason? Cellulite is not a fat issue. It’s all about keeing your lymphatic system flowing and breaking up and smoothing out fascia, the network of connective tissue under our skin. It’s the biological fabric that holds us together and when it’s compromised, fat can bulge through no matter what size you are. Here are some tips to reduce the appearance of cellulite. If you stick to it, you can get rid of it all together. You can thank me later and send before and after pics.
- Do a foam roller workout 5x per week.
- Stay hydrated.
- Consume Irish moss (chondrus crispus) daily.
- Get in the dry sauna 5x per week.
- Eliminate refined sugar and grains.
- Practice yoga (not Hatha or Yin) or Pilates 5x per week. Bikram yoga works wonders.
Share your success smashing cellulite in the comments. Love and bliss!
Water is essential to our well-being and very existence in the physical realm. In a spiritual context, water is a cleansing and healing agent. Christian converts are either baptized in or sprinkled with holy water. In the Bible, there’s a story about a “crippled man” who sat by the Pool of Bethesda each day, waiting for the angels to “trouble” the water hoping someone would move out of the way and dip him in so that he might be healed. The Islamic faith speaks of water as a symbol of Allah’s mercy and benevolence. Offering water at a Buddhist shrine shows one’s desire to cultivate virtues of calmness, clarity, and purity. So what happens when we muddy the waters? Does the power decrease? Will it still cleanse us? Does it maintain the same healing properties? Great questions, my friends. My answer – It all depends upon the agent that was added to make it muddy.
Muddy water is a blend of diatomaceous earth (DE) and water. When the white, powdery DE is added to the crystal clear water, it becomes muddy and no longer tastes pure. Don’t let the visual or the taste fool you. This muddy looking chalky tasting beverage can change your healing game. It’s not a miracle cure, yet you may want to give the muddy water a try. I’ll tell you a little more about this great ally.
DE is composed of 85% silica and a few other trace minerals like calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, copper, zinc, iron, phosphorous, and selenium. Silica is an instrumental part of human ligaments, cartilage, and musculature. This amazing mineral is missing in our food supply these days so natural supplementation is a good idea. The most easy and affordable way to get it is to mix 1-3 tablespoons of DE with purified or distilled water and drink up.
Here are a few health benefits of muddy water.
- Growing hair in persistent bald spots (even helps with male pattern baldness and alopecia in many cases).
- Growing strong, healthy hair and nails.
- Repairing muscles and bones.
- Balancing cholesterol levels.
- “Killing” excessive candida and some parasites in your digestive tract causing yeast infections, thrush, brain fog, inability to focus, eczema, allergies, itching, and many digestive issues to say “bye-bye.”
- Removing heavy metals and toxins from your body with the assistance of chlorella, red clover, and/or cilantro.
Of course, eating clean is a must if you want to see optimal benefits. Otherwise, you’re just putting old wine in new wine skins. Oh yeah. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Do not consume DE if you are experiencing kidney issues.
- Only consume food grade DE.
- Do not stand in the cloudy powdery residue in the air when you add it to the water. Once it settles, then mix it. Inhaling DE powder can be harmful to your lungs. Look at it under a microscope and see just how sharp the silica can be.
- Start with one tablespoon to see how your body responds.
- Stop consuming DE immediately if you experience stomach pains.
- Drink extra water when consuming DE and be sure to eat fibrous food to prevent constipation.
- DE alone will not get rid of every single parasite in your digestive system and bloodstream. So, consider black walnut powder, wild oregano oil, cloves, and wormwood as a companions if you’re cleansing. Different substances are required to get rid of parasites at different stages of growth.
- DE alone will not get rid of all forms of eczema, allergies, or itching. Adding olive leaf infusions or extracts can be helpful.
- Remember, this information is for educational purposes only and doesn’t replace the advice of a medical doctor.
I’d love to hear about your experiences with the muddy water. Feel free to sing your favorite Negro spiritual when preparing the drink. Songs like Take Me To the Water. If you’ve been to any baptism service, you have probably heard that song a million times – Take me to the water. Take me to the water. Take me to the water. To be baptized. There are so many verses. And if you have a really creative pastor, he/she might make up verses if there are a large number of people to be baptized. Watch out now! I just might make a video to show you just how well I know this song. Just kidding. I won’t torture you like that. Just have some muddy water and let me know what you experience after a week of faithful consumption. Take me to the muddy water!
Love and light!
Do you want to switch to a natural deodorant yet, you’re over powered by funky sweat? Consider an underarm cleanse.
- In the shower, gently scrub your underarms with a loofah sponge.
- Rinse well and repeat.
- Rub iodine tincture under your arms and let it soak in until the red color disappears then wash your underarms again. This helps control bacteria and helps dissolve cysts that may have formed under your arms from years of chemical anti-perspirant and deodorant use.
I do this process almost every night due to my personal history with fibrocystic breast disease. I’m all about preveting that situation from occurring again.
Here are some additional tips.
- Drink G Juice daily. It will naturally deodorize your body and give you energy.
- Eliminate or extremely limit garlic, white onions, refined sugar, and meat from your diet. All of them increase the probability and pungency of the funky sweat.
- Visit Nandi’s Naturals to find a deodorant that works for you.
- Consider investing in chemical free underarm wipes and wearing cotton t-shirts shirts under your clothes if you’re a heavy sweater. Once you cleanse your body, your sweat will smell much better.
Love and light!
There’s nothing in the world like beautiful feet. It blesses my soul when I see sistas and brothas taking care of the feet on which they stand. As the weather is changing and the crisp air hits your face when you walk outside, many of us are putting the sandals and flip flops away. You may be tempted to stop taking care of those beautiful feet you cultivated during the summer months. I’m here to tell you that foot care is forever. Your feet have served your body day in and day out. They keep you grounded and help to manifest your life’s purpose by following the direction of your mind and taking you where you need to go. Your feet hold the memories of the many places your soul has traveled through all of your lifetimes. For this reason, we want to take care of them and ensure their physical appearance is maintained. This is not just for the women. It’s for the men, too. There’s nothing worse than a beautiful woman or a handsome man with crusty feet.
Here’s a sure fire way to keep your feet smokin’ hot even during the cold months. Fill a basin full of hot water. Add one teaspoon of vitamin C powder to decrease the amount of chlorine in the water. Add 1/4 cup castor oil and a few drops of lavender essential oil. The castor oil will soften even the worst calloused feet. It soothes aching feet, heals skin infections, heals heel spurs, reduces crows feet, reduces bunions, gets rid of corns and thick callouses, and much more.
Soak them for 20-30 minutes and then scrub off the dead skin off your feet with a pumice stone and your favorite liquid soap. The soap breaks up the thickness of the castor oil and blends with the oil to remove the dead skin.
Rinse your feet with warm water in the bathtub and dump the water from the basin in the toilet. Rub some castor oil, shea butter, and bergamot or lime essential oil on your feet to seal the moisture and put on some cotton socks. You can do this nightly after your baths and showers, too. Give the oils and butters time to soak into your feet. Then clip, shape, buff, and polish (for women) your toe nails as normal.
Practice this regimen weekly to give your feet the loving care they need even when it’s cold outside. To learn more about foot care, visit my blog post on the Ataensic Media Blog – Who’s That With Those Nasty Feet? Enjoy!
Love and wholeness unto you!
As many of you know, I’m no longer strictly eating a plant-based diet. While I experienced some amazing benefits, I also ran into two issues that compromised the quality of my life – low histamine response and dental issues.The dental issues involved cavities and infections which decreased during my plant-based diet journey but never fully went away. The low histamine response showed up during the last three months of my plant-based diet journey. I would break out in intense hives and get a headache and/or earache whenever I consumed avocados, soy, wine, nuts, sweet fruit like bananas, grapes, and pineapple, lucama, or maca.
Years ago, I remember visiting my grandmother who lived in a senior citizens home. People would stop by her house to eat and swore that not only was her food amazing, it was healing. One common dish she prepared was beef roast and rice. She put the stock over the rice and the flavor was out of this world. I found out that she made this stock out of bones and she added real butter to it, as well. At the time, I thought it was the most disgusting concoction ever, even though it tasted great. Of course, leaning towards a plant based diet even then, I stopped eating most of the food my grandmother cooked.
As I was researching the best way to heal cavities and correct the digestive and endocrine system issues that cause low histamine, I pulled out some books that I studied prior to rejecting any research that didn’t align with eating a plant-based diet. I read each one throughly.
Then I started to do my own study and talk with folks who had no allergic reactions or intolerance and great dental health to find out what they were eating and taking care of their bodies. Bone stock kept coming up. I learned that many ancient tribes consumed stock made from boiling animal bones but not the actual animal flesh. They did eat the fatty parts and of course they didn’t consume refined sugar because it wasn’t available. I literally saw a vision of my deceased grandmother smiling and saying, “I told you so.” Of course, it didn’t help that my mother and my Aunt Chris look so much like her and they were telling me that a fully plant-based diet wasn’t a good idea for me. This is the first time they will publicly see me admitting they were both right.
I still wasn’t convinced so I started eating a more strict plant-based diet in addition to oil pulling with coconut oil, sesame seed oil, and applying clove bud and wild oregano oil directly to the cavity. While the infection did go away, it kept coming back and the cavity never fully healed. I knew I didn’t want to go to the dentist for anything other than a deep cleaning so I decided to listen to my grandmother and go back to the ancestor’s teaching. Over time, I slowly changed my diet. I continued to consume lots of leafy greens, fatty cuts meats and fish (yes, I was shocked too) – less than 100 grams daily, extra virgin coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, brown rice, and some resistant starches like sweet potatoes. I also continued to consume my famous G Juice. The pain of the cavity decreased yet it was still there and the histamine tolerance calmed down a bit. I was able to eat eggs from pastured chickens and bananas along with a few other foods again.
While I was doing much better, I still needed to repair the damage to my body. One day, I decided, what the heck and took the plunge. I made the bone stock and consumed it faithfully every day for a week. I eliminated ALL sugar from my diet including fruit, grains, and starches (including resistant starches). Within days, the pain from the cavity was gone completely and there was no infection present. I tested foods that caused a histamine reaction each week and eventually I was back to normal and able to eat whatever I wanted without hives, headaches, and ear aches. I eventually added the fruit and resistant starches back into my diet and reduced the meat intake.
I’m pouring some libations to thank my grandmother for her infinite wisdom.
Love and bliss!
What is oil pulling? It’s an ancient Ayurvedic practice that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth for twenty minutes. I suggest using unrefined and cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil or sesame seed oil. Sunflower seed oil has been suggested as a good oil for pulling but since I have not personally tried it, I’m not comfortable recommending it. This practice works best first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. The goal is to draw toxins out of your mouth to enhance your dental health. When you enhance your dental health, you enhance the overall health of your body.
When combined with a clean eating lifestyle free of processed food, refined sugar, and gluten, here are some benefits you’ll experience when you incorporate this practice into your daily regimen.
- Healthy, glowing skin
- Reduced oral plaque and tartar which improves gum health which contributes to gingivitis
- Reduced oral bacteria like Streptococcus mutans which contributes to tooth decay
- Reduced oral candida which contributes to digestive system infections that impact the entire body
- Decreased occurrences of migraines and episodes
- Help with balancing hormones
- Increased energy and endurance
- Whiter teeth
- Enhanced immune system performance
- Reduced joint pain
- Contributes to relieving symptoms from allergies, most autoimmune disorders, ulcerative colitis, colitis, and diabetes
- Reduces the irritation of chronic skin problems like acne, eczema, and psoriasis
- Supports tissue repair and healing
These are just a few benefits. Do your research to learn more.
Peace and blessings!