For the past few years, I’ve been learning about programming advertisers use to get us to buy their products. Basically, the left brain is the conscious mind and right brain is the subconscious mind. It’s the place from where our conscious mind draws it’s energy. What the conscious mind believes, the subconscious mind acts on. People who want to control our actions distract us with repetitive messages and symbols. As I’ve studied this information, it dawned on me that we need to take more control of our own minds. Instead of allowing outside sources to program us, let’s consider programming our minds with our own thoughts, hopes, dreams, and desires. Here are some quick and easy steps to do just that.
1. Create your own mantra.
Spend some time thinking about your hopes and dreams. You can revisit your vision board, journals, or simply sit down and hear your own thoughts. What comes to mind? Jot down those words and create your own mantra. At this very moment, what comes to mind for me are the words free, spirit, love, and abundance. I can take these words and create my own mantra such as “I am a free spirit of love and abundance” or “I am free to love and I am abundant.”
2. Record yourself saying your mantra in an even, positive tone for three to thirty minutes. You can include calming, zen music in the background, if you’d like.
3. Find a quiet space.
4. Put on your headphones and play your recording. Be sure to close your eyes and breathe deeply. Feel free to repeat the recording for as long as you’re led. You can also select some sacred geometry on which to focus during this time. You can even chant your mantra out loud with or without the recording of your own voice.
5. Journal about your experience and see how your life changes over time.
6. Create more mantras and make more recordings.
What are the benefits of this practice?
- Chanting can impact our endocrine system and impact the hormones that keep us happy.
- Chanting stabilizes your heart rate, blood pressure, produces beneficial endorphins, and enhances the metabolic process.
- You’re more likely to tune into the sound of your own voice, as it’s familiar.
- You’ll learn to love the sound of your own voice, which means you’ll learn to love yourself even more.
- If you listen while sleeping, your mantra will act as your personal lullaby.
- You’ll have full awareness and an emotional tie to the mantra so you’ll receive it more readily.
- You’ll program your own mind with words through familiarity and repetition. Remember, what the conscious mind believes, the subconscious mind acts upon. As you say the words consciously, you’ll begin to believe them and build new neural pathways over the limiting beliefs from your past.