7. Deep conditioning is a good idea. Heat helps nutrients penetrate the hair shaft. Bananas, avocados, irish moss make a great deep conditioner. I love to deep condition with a blend of avocado, irish moss, and rosemary essential oil. I wash my hair with my liquid black soap, mix it the ingredients, put the blend on my hair, put on a plastic cap, and sit under the thermal cap for 3o minutes. Then I rinse, detangle, and style as usual. I used to do this once per week. Now, I do it whenever I feel led to do so.
Imagine a perfect day. You’re walking on sunshine and dancing on clouds. Everything is going your way. You walk into a store and what do you see on the TV? Yet another person being shot and killed by the police. How do you feel at that moment? Does your mood change? Are you suddenly angry or sad? Do you want to get revenge or just go somewhere and cry?
Let’s try another scenario. It’s still a perfect day. You’re still walking on sunshine and dancing on clouds. You’re sticking to your eating plan and you walk into a store and what do you see? Scrumptious chocolate chip cookies and ice cream and a happy family playing games while indulging in this sweet treat. The mom is skinny and happy and the dad looks like a modern-day Adonis or Appollo. Plus, he’s jolly and fun. The children look perfect and healthy. It’s a perfect scene filled with laughter and the sweet life (literally). How do you feel at that moment? Are you tossing that salad and quinoa aside? Are you feeling guilty because you want to toss it aside? Are you angry with the media for promoting consumerism, diabetes, and obesity?
What I notice in both scenarios is an attempt to control emotions through visuals. When we think of the quality of our health, it’s important to consider the impact of the visual images projected to our minds via the television. There’s solid research that shows media and advertising professionals how to get our endocrine systems to release chemicals that elicit specific responses. This is the real mind control that goes unnoticed each day.
I encourage you to think about what images you see each day. Start being mindful of any mood changes or sudden desires you experience when you see them. Knowledge is power when you know you’re being played. Now what will you actually do about it? I suggest you get some toddler defiance in your life and say, “TV! You’re not the boss of me!” Then turn it off and commit to only watching it a few times per week, if at all.
Love and light!
#Sherriceisms. I have rules.
I rarely watch TV due to the zombie programming. Because of this distance, I know the sensation that occurs when I’ve switched from my own thoughts to programmed ones. Yes, your endocrine system is the key. They use your hormones to control your mind. In other words, I can recognize bullshit a mile away. What most people dismiss as conspiracies are most likely not.
Did you know that most viruses, bacteria, and other foreign invaders enter your body through your nasal cavity? It’s a good idea to cleanse it quite frequently for optimal health. Check out my video My Neti Pot is Hot! where I share information about my daily neti pot usage experience. I share my technique as well as the physical and metaphysical benefits.
DISCLAIMER: I’m not a medical doctor and the information I share doesn’t replace medical advice or your own common sense.
As many of you know, I’m no longer strictly eating a plant-based diet. While I experienced some amazing benefits, I also ran into two issues that compromised the quality of my life – low histamine response and dental issues.The dental issues involved cavities and infections which decreased during my plant-based diet journey but never fully went away. The low histamine response showed up during the last three months of my plant-based diet journey. I would break out in intense hives and get a headache and/or earache whenever I consumed avocados, soy, wine, nuts, sweet fruit like bananas, grapes, and pineapple, lucama, or maca.
Years ago, I remember visiting my grandmother who lived in a senior citizens home. People would stop by her house to eat and swore that not only was her food amazing, it was healing. One common dish she prepared was beef roast and rice. She put the stock over the rice and the flavor was out of this world. I found out that she made this stock out of bones and she added real butter to it, as well. At the time, I thought it was the most disgusting concoction ever, even though it tasted great. Of course, leaning towards a plant based diet even then, I stopped eating most of the food my grandmother cooked.
As I was researching the best way to heal cavities and correct the digestive and endocrine system issues that cause low histamine, I pulled out some books that I studied prior to rejecting any research that didn’t align with eating a plant-based diet. I read each one throughly.
Then I started to do my own study and talk with folks who had no allergic reactions or intolerance and great dental health to find out what they were eating and taking care of their bodies. Bone stock kept coming up. I learned that many ancient tribes consumed stock made from boiling animal bones but not the actual animal flesh. They did eat the fatty parts and of course they didn’t consume refined sugar because it wasn’t available. I literally saw a vision of my deceased grandmother smiling and saying, “I told you so.” Of course, it didn’t help that my mother and my Aunt Chris look so much like her and they were telling me that a fully plant-based diet wasn’t a good idea for me. This is the first time they will publicly see me admitting they were both right.
I still wasn’t convinced so I started eating a more strict plant-based diet in addition to oil pulling with coconut oil, sesame seed oil, and applying clove bud and wild oregano oil directly to the cavity. While the infection did go away, it kept coming back and the cavity never fully healed. I knew I didn’t want to go to the dentist for anything other than a deep cleaning so I decided to listen to my grandmother and go back to the ancestor’s teaching. Over time, I slowly changed my diet. I continued to consume lots of leafy greens, fatty cuts meats and fish (yes, I was shocked too) – less than 100 grams daily, extra virgin coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, brown rice, and some resistant starches like sweet potatoes. I also continued to consume my famous G Juice. The pain of the cavity decreased yet it was still there and the histamine tolerance calmed down a bit. I was able to eat eggs from pastured chickens and bananas along with a few other foods again.
While I was doing much better, I still needed to repair the damage to my body. One day, I decided, what the heck and took the plunge. I made the bone stock and consumed it faithfully every day for a week. I eliminated ALL sugar from my diet including fruit, grains, and starches (including resistant starches). Within days, the pain from the cavity was gone completely and there was no infection present. I tested foods that caused a histamine reaction each week and eventually I was back to normal and able to eat whatever I wanted without hives, headaches, and ear aches. I eventually added the fruit and resistant starches back into my diet and reduced the meat intake.
I’m pouring some libations to thank my grandmother for her infinite wisdom.
Love and bliss!
Several years ago, I decided to start a journey to heal my eyes. From 1990-2011, my visual acuity had declined each year. My prescription for eye glasses and contacts was getting stronger and stronger. Then in 2012 and 2013, my visual acuity remained steady. In 2014, something miraculous happened, my vision actually improved. What did I do? I significantly reduced my intake of sugary foods.
Typically, a change in your vision is one of the first indicators of insulin resistance or diabetes. But what they don’t tell you is that these conditions doesn’t start overnight. As we eat sugar, especially the white, refined sugar many of us love, our bodies become acidic and full of mucus, the blood and lymph thicken, and our internal organs, including our eyes, begin a slow decaying process. If you want to get old quickly, eat more sugar. I started eating candy, cakes, and cookies like they were going out of style as a young child. Then when I became an adult, I added wine and fruity cocktails to the equation. Of course, all of those foods were full of sugar. In my book, Body by Reeci, I share the gory details of my sugar addiction and the steps I took to overcome it. In fact, the book includes a plan that can help you if you experience this life challenge, too. If you’re experiencing a steady decline in your vision, you just might have too much sugar in your diet. Here are a few tips to consider incorporating into your eating lifestyle to help curb your cravings for for the white demon.
1. Drink gymnema sylvestre herbal tea. This amazing herb decreases the absorption of sugar in the intestine, promotes regeneration of insulin-secreting cells in the pancreas, positively impacts cholesterol levels, helps increase insulin levels, reduces physical cravings for sugar and literally masks it’s taste. In fact, it makes any sugary treat taste rather gross if you drink it prior to (within two hours) ingesting it. Check out a blog post I wrote of this topic to learn more – Gymnema Sylvestre – Sugar Destroyer.
2. Drink oolong tea. This tea has been proven to contribute to reduction of blood sugar. While oolong is a caffeinated tea, it doesn’t seem to have the same addictive qualities of caffeine in coffee.
3. Eat fenugreek seeds. Eating a handful of fenugreek seeds and chasing them down with water is a good practice to reduce cravings in general. It specifically reduces the cravings for sugar. If you enjoy being outside in the summer months, be prepared to share some space with the honey bees. The maple syrup smell of the fenugreek has been known to attract bees. If you’d like to enlist the guidance of a health coach to overcome the sugar blues, I encourage you to visit my website to learn more about the products and services I offer – http://awakenedvitality.com. Peace and blessings.
DISCLAIMER: The information in this blog is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease, as the information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Herbs and pharmaceutical medicine do not mix so please consult your medical professional before incorporating any of the suggested herbs into your diet.
What is oil pulling? It’s an ancient Ayurvedic practice that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth for twenty minutes. I suggest using unrefined and cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil or sesame seed oil. Sunflower seed oil has been suggested as a good oil for pulling but since I have not personally tried it, I’m not comfortable recommending it. This practice works best first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. The goal is to draw toxins out of your mouth to enhance your dental health. When you enhance your dental health, you enhance the overall health of your body.
When combined with a clean eating lifestyle free of processed food, refined sugar, and gluten, here are some benefits you’ll experience when you incorporate this practice into your daily regimen.
- Healthy, glowing skin
- Reduced oral plaque and tartar which improves gum health which contributes to gingivitis
- Reduced oral bacteria like Streptococcus mutans which contributes to tooth decay
- Reduced oral candida which contributes to digestive system infections that impact the entire body
- Decreased occurrences of migraines and episodes
- Help with balancing hormones
- Increased energy and endurance
- Whiter teeth
- Enhanced immune system performance
- Reduced joint pain
- Contributes to relieving symptoms from allergies, most autoimmune disorders, ulcerative colitis, colitis, and diabetes
- Reduces the irritation of chronic skin problems like acne, eczema, and psoriasis
- Supports tissue repair and healing
These are just a few benefits. Do your research to learn more.
Peace and blessings!