Water is essential to our well-being and very existence in the physical realm. In a spiritual context, water is a cleansing and healing agent. Christian converts are either baptized in or sprinkled with holy water. In the Bible, there’s a story about a “crippled man” who sat by the Pool of Bethesda each day, waiting for the angels to “trouble” the water hoping someone would move out of the way and dip him in so that he might be healed. The Islamic faith speaks of water as a symbol of Allah’s mercy and benevolence. Offering water at a Buddhist shrine shows one’s desire to cultivate virtues of calmness, clarity, and purity. So what happens when we muddy the waters? Does the power decrease? Will it still cleanse us? Does it maintain the same healing properties? Great questions, my friends. My answer – It all depends upon the agent that was added to make it muddy.
Muddy water is a blend of diatomaceous earth (DE) and water. When the white, powdery DE is added to the crystal clear water, it becomes muddy and no longer tastes pure. Don’t let the visual or the taste fool you. This muddy looking chalky tasting beverage can change your healing game. It’s not a miracle cure, yet you may want to give the muddy water a try. I’ll tell you a little more about this great ally.
DE is composed of 85% silica and a few other trace minerals like calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, copper, zinc, iron, phosphorous, and selenium. Silica is an instrumental part of human ligaments, cartilage, and musculature. This amazing mineral is missing in our food supply these days so natural supplementation is a good idea. The most easy and affordable way to get it is to mix 1-3 tablespoons of DE with purified or distilled water and drink up.
Here are a few health benefits of muddy water.
- Growing hair in persistent bald spots (even helps with male pattern baldness and alopecia in many cases).
- Growing strong, healthy hair and nails.
- Repairing muscles and bones.
- Balancing cholesterol levels.
- “Killing” excessive candida and some parasites in your digestive tract causing yeast infections, thrush, brain fog, inability to focus, eczema, allergies, itching, and many digestive issues to say “bye-bye.”
- Removing heavy metals and toxins from your body with the assistance of chlorella, red clover, and/or cilantro.
Of course, eating clean is a must if you want to see optimal benefits. Otherwise, you’re just putting old wine in new wine skins. Oh yeah. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Do not consume DE if you are experiencing kidney issues.
- Only consume food grade DE.
- Do not stand in the cloudy powdery residue in the air when you add it to the water. Once it settles, then mix it. Inhaling DE powder can be harmful to your lungs. Look at it under a microscope and see just how sharp the silica can be.
- Start with one tablespoon to see how your body responds.
- Stop consuming DE immediately if you experience stomach pains.
- Drink extra water when consuming DE and be sure to eat fibrous food to prevent constipation.
- DE alone will not get rid of every single parasite in your digestive system and bloodstream. So, consider black walnut powder, wild oregano oil, cloves, and wormwood as a companions if you’re cleansing. Different substances are required to get rid of parasites at different stages of growth.
- DE alone will not get rid of all forms of eczema, allergies, or itching. Adding olive leaf infusions or extracts can be helpful.
- Remember, this information is for educational purposes only and doesn’t replace the advice of a medical doctor.
I’d love to hear about your experiences with the muddy water. Feel free to sing your favorite Negro spiritual when preparing the drink. Songs like Take Me To the Water. If you’ve been to any baptism service, you have probably heard that song a million times – Take me to the water. Take me to the water. Take me to the water. To be baptized. There are so many verses. And if you have a really creative pastor, he/she might make up verses if there are a large number of people to be baptized. Watch out now! I just might make a video to show you just how well I know this song. Just kidding. I won’t torture you like that. Just have some muddy water and let me know what you experience after a week of faithful consumption. Take me to the muddy water!
Love and light!
As many of you know, I’m no longer strictly eating a plant-based diet. While I experienced some amazing benefits, I also ran into two issues that compromised the quality of my life – low histamine response and dental issues.The dental issues involved cavities and infections which decreased during my plant-based diet journey but never fully went away. The low histamine response showed up during the last three months of my plant-based diet journey. I would break out in intense hives and get a headache and/or earache whenever I consumed avocados, soy, wine, nuts, sweet fruit like bananas, grapes, and pineapple, lucama, or maca.
Years ago, I remember visiting my grandmother who lived in a senior citizens home. People would stop by her house to eat and swore that not only was her food amazing, it was healing. One common dish she prepared was beef roast and rice. She put the stock over the rice and the flavor was out of this world. I found out that she made this stock out of bones and she added real butter to it, as well. At the time, I thought it was the most disgusting concoction ever, even though it tasted great. Of course, leaning towards a plant based diet even then, I stopped eating most of the food my grandmother cooked.
As I was researching the best way to heal cavities and correct the digestive and endocrine system issues that cause low histamine, I pulled out some books that I studied prior to rejecting any research that didn’t align with eating a plant-based diet. I read each one throughly.
Then I started to do my own study and talk with folks who had no allergic reactions or intolerance and great dental health to find out what they were eating and taking care of their bodies. Bone stock kept coming up. I learned that many ancient tribes consumed stock made from boiling animal bones but not the actual animal flesh. They did eat the fatty parts and of course they didn’t consume refined sugar because it wasn’t available. I literally saw a vision of my deceased grandmother smiling and saying, “I told you so.” Of course, it didn’t help that my mother and my Aunt Chris look so much like her and they were telling me that a fully plant-based diet wasn’t a good idea for me. This is the first time they will publicly see me admitting they were both right.
I still wasn’t convinced so I started eating a more strict plant-based diet in addition to oil pulling with coconut oil, sesame seed oil, and applying clove bud and wild oregano oil directly to the cavity. While the infection did go away, it kept coming back and the cavity never fully healed. I knew I didn’t want to go to the dentist for anything other than a deep cleaning so I decided to listen to my grandmother and go back to the ancestor’s teaching. Over time, I slowly changed my diet. I continued to consume lots of leafy greens, fatty cuts meats and fish (yes, I was shocked too) – less than 100 grams daily, extra virgin coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, brown rice, and some resistant starches like sweet potatoes. I also continued to consume my famous G Juice. The pain of the cavity decreased yet it was still there and the histamine tolerance calmed down a bit. I was able to eat eggs from pastured chickens and bananas along with a few other foods again.
While I was doing much better, I still needed to repair the damage to my body. One day, I decided, what the heck and took the plunge. I made the bone stock and consumed it faithfully every day for a week. I eliminated ALL sugar from my diet including fruit, grains, and starches (including resistant starches). Within days, the pain from the cavity was gone completely and there was no infection present. I tested foods that caused a histamine reaction each week and eventually I was back to normal and able to eat whatever I wanted without hives, headaches, and ear aches. I eventually added the fruit and resistant starches back into my diet and reduced the meat intake.
I’m pouring some libations to thank my grandmother for her infinite wisdom.
Love and bliss!
Several years ago, I decided to start a journey to heal my eyes. From 1990-2011, my visual acuity had declined each year. My prescription for eye glasses and contacts was getting stronger and stronger. Then in 2012 and 2013, my visual acuity remained steady. In 2014, something miraculous happened, my vision actually improved. What did I do? I significantly reduced my intake of sugary foods.
Typically, a change in your vision is one of the first indicators of insulin resistance or diabetes. But what they don’t tell you is that these conditions doesn’t start overnight. As we eat sugar, especially the white, refined sugar many of us love, our bodies become acidic and full of mucus, the blood and lymph thicken, and our internal organs, including our eyes, begin a slow decaying process. If you want to get old quickly, eat more sugar. I started eating candy, cakes, and cookies like they were going out of style as a young child. Then when I became an adult, I added wine and fruity cocktails to the equation. Of course, all of those foods were full of sugar. In my book, Body by Reeci, I share the gory details of my sugar addiction and the steps I took to overcome it. In fact, the book includes a plan that can help you if you experience this life challenge, too. If you’re experiencing a steady decline in your vision, you just might have too much sugar in your diet. Here are a few tips to consider incorporating into your eating lifestyle to help curb your cravings for for the white demon.
1. Drink gymnema sylvestre herbal tea. This amazing herb decreases the absorption of sugar in the intestine, promotes regeneration of insulin-secreting cells in the pancreas, positively impacts cholesterol levels, helps increase insulin levels, reduces physical cravings for sugar and literally masks it’s taste. In fact, it makes any sugary treat taste rather gross if you drink it prior to (within two hours) ingesting it. Check out a blog post I wrote of this topic to learn more – Gymnema Sylvestre – Sugar Destroyer.
2. Drink oolong tea. This tea has been proven to contribute to reduction of blood sugar. While oolong is a caffeinated tea, it doesn’t seem to have the same addictive qualities of caffeine in coffee.
3. Eat fenugreek seeds. Eating a handful of fenugreek seeds and chasing them down with water is a good practice to reduce cravings in general. It specifically reduces the cravings for sugar. If you enjoy being outside in the summer months, be prepared to share some space with the honey bees. The maple syrup smell of the fenugreek has been known to attract bees. If you’d like to enlist the guidance of a health coach to overcome the sugar blues, I encourage you to visit my website to learn more about the products and services I offer – http://awakenedvitality.com. Peace and blessings.
DISCLAIMER: The information in this blog is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease, as the information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Herbs and pharmaceutical medicine do not mix so please consult your medical professional before incorporating any of the suggested herbs into your diet.
What is oil pulling? It’s an ancient Ayurvedic practice that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth for twenty minutes. I suggest using unrefined and cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil or sesame seed oil. Sunflower seed oil has been suggested as a good oil for pulling but since I have not personally tried it, I’m not comfortable recommending it. This practice works best first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. The goal is to draw toxins out of your mouth to enhance your dental health. When you enhance your dental health, you enhance the overall health of your body.
When combined with a clean eating lifestyle free of processed food, refined sugar, and gluten, here are some benefits you’ll experience when you incorporate this practice into your daily regimen.
- Healthy, glowing skin
- Reduced oral plaque and tartar which improves gum health which contributes to gingivitis
- Reduced oral bacteria like Streptococcus mutans which contributes to tooth decay
- Reduced oral candida which contributes to digestive system infections that impact the entire body
- Decreased occurrences of migraines and episodes
- Help with balancing hormones
- Increased energy and endurance
- Whiter teeth
- Enhanced immune system performance
- Reduced joint pain
- Contributes to relieving symptoms from allergies, most autoimmune disorders, ulcerative colitis, colitis, and diabetes
- Reduces the irritation of chronic skin problems like acne, eczema, and psoriasis
- Supports tissue repair and healing
These are just a few benefits. Do your research to learn more.
Peace and blessings!
Working as a health coach has allowed me to see the danger of sugar in many people’s lives. Sometimes, we need help to overcome this addiction. I suggest turning to gymenema sylvestre. This amazing herb decreases the absorption of sugar in the intestine, promotes regeneration of insulin-secreting cells in the pancreas, positively impacts cholesterol levels, helps increase insulin levels, reduces physical cravings for sugar and literally masks it’s taste. In fact, it makes any sugary treat taste rather gross if you drink it prior to (within two hours) ingesting it. It’s a great option for those trying to balance candida levels, release weight, or balance blood sugar levels.
While this herb doesn’t have pain killing power, many of my clients who have used it have reported that they no longer experience joint pain. Since most joint pain is caused by mucus and inflammation prone to acid body environments and sugar is a primary cause of this condition, I believe the pain relief claims are possible. The reduction in sugar in the diet as a result of consuming this herb along with the herbs ability to help the body eliminate sugar from the blood in a productive manner are just two of the reasons their pain might be going away. Body builders may find a friend in this herb because when taken with a high-carbohydrate meal or with a meal high in sugar, it passes through sugars and makes carbs available for burning and prevents them from turning into fat stores. This promotes lean muscle mass.
This herb can be ingested as tea or one can simply chew on the leaves. It should be taken with food as it could upset the stomach. Also, drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water each day when consuming this herb. In fact, make sure that you drink room temperature or warm lemon water when you wake up in the morning. This will help your liver to excrete the excess sugar. The herb should not be used as a way to eat all the sweets your heart desires. Instead, use it in conjunction with a clean diet.
Love and light.
Candida is a fungus and a form of yeast that lives inside our mouths and intestines in small quantities. It’s sole purpose is to aid with digestion and nutrient absorption. When we over indulge in refined sugar, alcohol, fermented foods, live stressful lives or take oral contraceptives or antibiotics, we open the door for the tiny amount of candida to multiply. Once multiplied, your body will let the candida grow unchecked, resulting in yeast overgrowth. This overgrowth takes over the gut and lives off of sugar. Since they are living organisms, they can send signals to your brain when they need to be fed, which is why many of us crave sugar. The overgrown yeast produces metabolites, which can lead to leaky gut syndrome, allowing undigested food particles, chemicals and other substances to get into the blood. As a result, the body’s ability to properly digest food or expel toxins is adversely impacted. Those who suffer from candida overgrowth experience one of more of the following symptoms.
- Athlete’s feet
- Toenail infections
- Skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis, rashes, and hives
- Bloating, constipation, and diarrhea
- Autoimmune disease such as Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Ulcerative colitis, Lupus, Psoriasis, Scleroderma or Multiple sclerosis
- Difficulty concentrating, poor memory, lack of focus, ADD, ADHD and brain fog
- Irritability, mood swings, anxiety, or depression
- Recurring vaginal or urinary tract infections
- Rectal or vaginal issues
- White thrush or red bumps on the male penis
- Mild – severe food or seasonal allergies
- Itchy ears
- Intense cravings for sugar and refined carbohydrates cravings
- Tired and worn down feeling
- White film on tongue or thrush
In fact, in some cases of cancer, physicians have determined that candida is the true culprit. That’s why it’s important to keep it in check.
To determine whether or not your candida levels are out of balance, you can perform a test at home. First thing in the morning, spit into a clear glass of water. If the saliva floats to the top, your candida levels are acceptable. If within 15 minutes, you see think projections extending downward into the water or the saliva is cloudy and sinks to the bottom of the glass, you probably have a candida imbalance in your body.
So, how do you get this condition under control? Focus on restoring the balance in your gut flora by consuming foods that don’t feed the excess candida. There are a myriad of essential oils and herbs that can expedite this process. If you would like to learn more, feel free to reach out and set up an initial consultation with me.
Love and light.