Whether you drink coffee or practice coffee enemas, don’t throw away your used coffee grounds. Use them to make a body scrub by following these directions.
1. Dry the grounds in a dehydrator or for a few days in the oven. Don’t turn the oven on, of course.
2. Store the dried grounds in an airtight mason jar until you’re ready to make the body scrub.
3. Once you’re ready to make the scrub, mix a cup of the coffee grounds with either a cup of turbinado or a cup of pink salt and 1/2 cup of grapeseed, jojoba, or macadamia nut oil. Feel free to add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Some people add shea butter or coconut oil. Totally up to you.
4. Blend the mixture in a high powered blender to get a creamy texture. Feel free to add a little more oil, if needed.
5. Scoop into an airtight mason jar.
6. Store in the fridge. It should last for at least two weeks.