As many of you know, I struggle with cysts in my breasts from time to time. I’ve found a way to relieve the pain and in tandem with clean eating and herbs, rid myself of those pesty lumps. Lymphatic breast massages can be a daily practice as a part of your healing regimen. This practice is beneficial for all women and specifically helps to relieve tenderness of the breast some women experience prior to their moon time it has been known to reduce the rate of breast cancer. In addition, it will reduce breast pain, inflammation, lumps, cysts, and fibrocystic breast tissue.
- Mix 10-12 drops of your favorite essential oil in 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite carrier oil. I love using frankincense and castor oil. Some might find the smell of the castor oil to be overwhelming so try jojoba oil or something like that. If you’re breast feeding, simply use extra virgin coconut oil.
- Rub some oil on your hands. Add additional oil as needed throughout the massage.
- Gently stroke down from your neck to your collar bone on your right side.
- Stroke the skin from your shoulder towards your neck on the right side.
- Gently stretch the skin of your underarm in an upward direction.
- If you feel tenderness, gently pump 10 times until the tenderness disappears.
- Support your breast with one hand and gently move your entire breast toward the armpit with a stretch and release action 10 times.
- With one hand supporting the same breast , gently move it towards the center of the body, again with a stretch and release action 10 times.
- Focus on a flat palm on the top of your breast and gently massage upward as you stretch and release 10 times.
- Press the nipple a few times and massage in a circular motion.
- Repeat each step 10 times with the other breast.
While massaging your breasts, feel free to speak life over them. Tell them what you desire for them and how they are fulfilling their true purpose. Sing, chant, or whatever makes you feel good. This massage is meant to be an activity of self-care yet feel free to share this experience with your partner or spouse.