Is there a wonder plant or herb for great yoni health and much more? Yes, and it’s called maca root. Why am I so excited about this Peruvian superfood? It has vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that have a positive impact many of our bodily functions. Here are several uses for maca root.
- Increase iron levels in blood (anemia)
- Overcome Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Enhance energy and stamina levels
- Enhance athletic performance
- Increase memory
- Overcome infertility issues
- Balance hormones
- Regulate menstrual cycles
- Reduce or eliminate symptoms of menopause
- Overcome erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Strengthen weak bones (osteoporosis)
- Overcome depression
- Overcome stomach cancer
- Reduce symptoms of leukemia
- Reduce symptoms of HIV/AIDs
- Overcome tuberculosis
- Arouse sexual desire
- Boost immune system
This herb is easy to use in recipes in it’s powdered form. It tastes great with nut milk or in nut milk smoothies. Simply add a tablespoon to the recipe. It’s also available in capsule form.
Are there any side effects? Rarely, if consumed properly, however here are a few listed below.
If you are allergic to the herb you may experience issues so test a small dosage initially.
If you suffer from thyroid disease and goiters, macs root can make your symptoms worse so work to get that condition under control before using this herb.
If you are experiencing high blood pressure, maca root can exacerbate the symptoms.
If you are experiencing hot flashes, maca root can make them worse.
Maca root should never be consumed on an empty stomach as it may cause heartburn or indigestion.
Never consume maca root for more than a three-month period without taking a break for at least two weeks. When consumed longer than the recommended time period, the benefits are reversed.
Click here to check out one of my maca root powder favorite recipes.