Gives thanks. It’s that time of year here in the Midwest where children tend to get colds that tend to result in congested nasal passages and the chest. I make a mystic vapor rub right in my kitchen that you can make in yours, too. I’m a firm believer that we all should be food scientists. Not only should we prepare tasty meals for our families, we should also be able to create healing remedies. The benefit of making your own is that the end result will not include petroleum or chemicals made in a lab. It helps clear nasal passages and chest congestion to make coughs more productive. Here’s the recipe. Love and light.
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil
- 20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 10 drops camphor essential oil
- 10 drops chamomile essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- Parboil the Shea butter until it melts.
- Add the extra virgin coconut oil until it melts.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Add the essential oils.
- Place in the freezer for five – ten minutes, until it starts to gel.
- Remove from the freezer.
- Whip the mixture with a whisk until takes on a buttery consistency.
- Place in a tin can or dark colored glass jar and keep it away from direct heat or sunlight to prevent melting.
- Rub on babies (works for older children and adults, too) chest and the soles of the feet. Put on a pair of socks.