How many times have we dropped by the local pharmacy, grocery, or department store and picked up feminine hygiene products? I’m the first to raise my hand. I could’ve fed starving children around the world with all the money I invested in these products. Whether it’s maxi pads, tampons, or wipes, most of us have bought them one time or another. Then we wondered why we experienced recurrent yeast infections, bacteria vaginosis, fishy smells, and all kinds of other vaginal drama. All the while, our yonis are screaming, “Stop poisoning me and let my blood flow, please.” Yes, it’s that simple. Our yonis want to breathe and be toxin free.
Here are a list of things to consider that can help achieve this state.
- Replace tampons with a cup designed to collect your menstrual blood. The Diva Cup and the Moon Cup are a few brands that you may want to check out.
- Use the blood from the cup in your rituals, spiritual practices, house plants, or gardens. There’s power in the blood that will invoke amazing results and the rich nutrients will make your plants grow hearty. If you’re not ready for the cup, consider sea sponges. Jade and Pearl is a brand you should look into.
- Replace pads made from bleached cotton to cloth pads. Check out my favorite online store to buy cloth pads – Root Woman Earth Child Online Store. If you’re not ready for cloth pads, consider using chlorine free pads. Natracare Natural Pads are a good option.
- Stop using wipes that are bleached with chlorine and full of toxic fragrances and other ingredients.
- Say no to douches that promote the growth of bacteria in your womb. Instead, eat healthy foods and drink half your body weight in ounces of water each day.
- Replace commercial brand lubricants with organic extra virgin coconut oil mixed with a fresh squeeze or two of lemon juice.
These are just a few tips that can enhance our yoni health. Try one or all of them and let us know how things are going for you. I look forward to the exchange.
Love and light.